8/10/15: Las familias pueden ser eternas (Families can be together forever)!

Hey y’all!!

So…. “Las familias pueden ser eternal” which translates to (my favorite thing ever) “Families can be together forever”!!!

Families are central to Gods plan for us on earth. They are something we looked forward to before this life. We will live with them again after this life! They make everything worth it! And as I study the Gospel of Jesus Christ, every time, I go back to this principle I learned so many years ago in Primary: Families can be together forever!.

I love that here in Spain.  Probably 90% of the people would say that family is #1 for them.  (Sad for the other 10%… But we will work on that.  hahah).  Because with this, I can make a promise.  I can promise them that the Gospel of Jesus Christ WILL bless their families!

I can do this because it’s blessed my own.  I’m so grateful for my family.  I’m so grateful to have grown up with them, and for them to be the ones I get to call my best friends.  I’m so grateful for all the things that my parents taught me growing up.

In Ephesians 6:4 it says: And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Like the bible says, families need the nurturing and guidance of the Lord.  This is so true!

My testimony about this has strengthened so much on my mission.

I also love that when we teach someone, their families and their closest friends are always a part of it.  Because when you love something so much, you want to share it with those you love.

Stefani came to church again this Sunday, and that evening we were going to pop by her house.  Stefani wasn’t home, but it was an awesome opportunity to talk to her mom.  Her mom told us about the complete change she has seen in her daughter.  She said she was so grateful for Stefani’s friends’ example, and for the spirit we’ve brought into their home.  And now this Wednesday we have plans to meet with their whole family!

We also have got to know our neighbors in our piso this week, and they are just awesome!  We first met her far from our house, and then found out we were neighbors!  She has 2 adorable kids and I can’t wait to see how the Lord will bless their family.

But how can the Lord bless our families?  Only if we are living His Gospel.  We do this by following the commandments.  We do it by praying together.

3 Nephi 18 says:

19 Therefore ye must always pray unto the Father in my name;

20 And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.

21 Pray in your families unto the Father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed.

I challenge all of y’all to think about your families this week! Pray with them!

Thanks for all y’all’s support.  Y’all are the best!

Hermana Devereaux

—————–

Here’s some pictures from this week.  For PDay today, we went to a cave about 45 minutes from our piso with 4 of the youth from our branch.

But first, we met a very special man this week and had a special experience sharing the Gospel with him:

Momchill

Today we went to a cave about 45 minutes from our piso with 4 youth from our branch.
Today we went to a cave about 45 minutes from our piso with 4 youth from our branch.
It was scary...
It was scary…

012b7861e5722f150cd2acde9f2e209ac1843276ce

I rode a camel!
I rode a camel!

012b280d853b91b73b9412eac4e1b1668c5352b45d

And I thought I saw a star...
And I thought I saw a star…
We played with ducks...
We played with ducks…
And there was some other cool statues there.
And there was some other cool statues there.  So we made up a dance!

0190f46ca7da38d37292dc2e937129e6f36f21d0df

My companion, Hna. Braun is awesome. We find out about transfers this Saturday, so I hope we get good news and stay together for 6 more weeks!
My companion, Sister Braun is awesome. I’ve never worked so hard, and I love being companions with her.  We find out about transfers this Saturday, so I hope we get good news and stay together for 6 more weeks!

Have an awesome week!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s